Parkinson's: Finding Your Joy Regardless

Snarky Parky & Me
Journey Into Parkinson’s
With Nancy Mellon
Blog Coordinated by Corrine Bayraktaroglu 
 

Gosh that sounds easy doesn't it , says I rolling my eyes.  Hi this is Footnote Corrine doing a guest post at the request of my dear bestie Nancy.  

December 2023 I went for a physical and was totally taken off guard by the physician assistant's attempt to lecture  me about what I should be doing  at my age health wise, especially when I WAS already doing many of those things.  

Notice how I said WAS? Not more than a week after that lecture I had a bad fall at the beginning of hiking season in Arizona. Took me 5 weeks to recover from the twisted foot and ribcage contusions.  I won't bore you with every petty health issue since then  other than to say I have now become a professional couch potato and it will continue until another recent   insult to my health,Platar Uckititus with an f (as a fellow brit friend calls it),  heals. The added universal joke is my oncologist saw my alarming level of white cells and I suspect it’s due to prednisone treatment at the behest of my podiatrist.

Where is my whinging on leading?  Ah! yes, finding your joy by Cultivating gratitude and contentment'. Not as easy task  when I feel the universe is playing a big joke . 

 Life Lesson
All the cream on the planet isn’t going to stop my turkey neck swinging like a pendulum.
All the healthy foods and exercise is not going to stop fat clinging to my body like a desperate leech or stop those free radicals deciding they want to have a big ol’ party in my body. 
 It’s all about Genetics
I can’t change that
I can thwart it through healthy habits and meds but 
I can’t change that
SO

Like a cat I have been stalking and hunting out snippets of joy, no matter how small because each day is a precious gift and I am so glad to be here, even if I do shake my fist at the sky.

Comments

  1. Hiya sweets thank you for your light hearted wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I thought that was just gelightful. and spontaneous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy , I'm so sorry you're having trouble leaving a comment but I want to not only say a big thank you but also it warms my heart it is what you needed to hear. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for guesting, Corrine. You're absolutely right, simple things are rarely easy in execution, but they're worth the struggle. I also enjoyed Dalton Daughtrey's advice in his "Cultivating gratitude and contentment" post that you linked above. Nancy's been following his Write It Down advice by listing 5 things she's grateful for in the evening before bed. She reads her entries over from time to time and that simple act visibly changes her. I've returned to journaling and am continually being reminded of how powerful those lessons we teach ourselves can be when we write them down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts