Parkinson’s: watching from the sidelines


 I’ve been friends with Nancy since 2003 and somehow throughout our years as best friends and art pals we developed the weekly habit of seeing each other practically every Tuesday. Leaving the dearest friend I’ve ever had to move to Arizona in 2018 was very hard. Somehow though we managed to maintain our Tuesday chats via Skype, that is until snark decided he/she wanted IN. Snark at times intrudes, consumes, exhausts until the daily spoons run out so fast there is little room left for much else than to hug oneself and get through that day. Snark has been particularly brutal in NOT allowing my dear friend the energy to create on the same level she used to. So imagine my joy when Nancy got caught in the zone of creativity and spent several hours working on this absolutely joyful art. I’m not just happy seeing this charming drawing, I’m happy knowing snark was pushed aside for those few hours . 

Cheering you on from the sidelines Corrine 

Comments

  1. Thank you sweets. Cheers, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are still making art! Despite the super late nights, I know that being in the zone of creating must still feel amazing!

    My mom is in the hospital overnight. She has been falling a lot, and finally broke a bone. Badly. She will have surgery to repair it today. I'll look up the 'blame it on the Parkinson's' song to play for her when I spend time there today.

    Love you my friend! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending healing ❤️‍🩹 and 🙏 to your mum Holly

      Delete
  3. ❤️👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, I missed seeing you at Art on the Lawn. Did you and Hays go to the family reunion? Hope to see you soon. And what are you doing up at 4:55 am?

      Delete
  4. As a veteran of Nancy's girlhood slumber parties, I am in awe that you have pulled all-nighters for the sake of your art. A delightful picture and a tribute to reading! Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute Nancy, So happy to see Art still brings you Joy. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annette, I hope you and the girls (yep I still think of them as girls and my sons as boys. But don't tell them:-) are feeling well and are not too hot.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts